After long speculation, Activision has officially announced Call of Duty: Warzone as a Free2Play Battle Royale game. And the release is earlier than expected.
Actually it was only a matter of form after all the leaks in the past weeks, but now Activision has Call of Duty: Warzone officially announced as a Free2Play Battle Royale game.
Warzone is coming!
Who Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (buy now for € 47.99) from March 10th at 4pm. The update is between 15 and 22 GB. The Battle Royale game starts at 8 p.m. as a standalone version with the Free2Play model. You then have to download between 80 and 100 GB.
Warzone has two game modes: Battle Royale and Plunder.
- Battle Royale: 150 players fight to be the last squad on the battlefield as they slowly become deadly gas.
- Plunder: You need to collect the most money in the game by looting across the map, taking out enemies, stealing their money, and making in-game contracts.
Warzone takes place in Verdansk, an extensive area with several zones. Each zone has different sights such as the Gorengard Lumber Yard or the Gora Dam. You explore several types of surroundings, such as urban and rural areas. You have to get to know the map in order to be as tactical as possible.
It is possible to use multiple vehicles. These include:
- ATV: Two seater, offers minimal protection, is good off-road and fast.
- Tactical rover: Four seater, offers minimal protection, is fast and solid off-road.
- SUV: Four seater, offers good protection, medium speed, not ideal for off-roading.
- Cargo truck: Offers space for the entire squad plus equipment, excellent protection, not for off-road driving, slowest.
- Helicopter: Four seater, good coverage, flies.
CoD: Warzone offers some peculiarities in gameplay:
- Gulag: If you are turned off for the first time, then you will go to the Gulag as a prisoner. There you first have to fight a duel to be able to return to the game. If you lose the duel, you can only hope that your team will win without you.
- Contracts: All over Verdansk you will find contracts that will bring you cash and items if you successfully complete them.
- Stations: At these stations you use the money you earned to buy the opportunity to be able to return to the field if you fall, or you can bring back fallen comrades, buy kill streaks and much more.
From March 10, you can try Call of Duty: Warzone yourself on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Call of Duty: Warzone starts on March 10th. (1) (Source: Activision)
Also popular with PC game readers PCPS4XBO
Call of Duty Modern Warfare: Speculation about the launch date of Battle Royale Warzone
Call of Duty Modern Warfare: Update in progress – players complain about XP errors
Call of Duty Modern Warfare: First gameplay video for Battle Royale, launch of Warzone soon?
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free-of-charge website with this income. There are no costs for the user.