The developers at SWTOR took a lot of time to answer time questions from the community. Onslaught, for example, played in the eyes of the Bioware people at the end of the 3627 year before the Battle of Yavin (3627 BBY) or 26 years after the Coruscant contract. You can see what the timeline of Star Wars: The Old Republic looks like with us.
"What year are we in SWTOR?" asked fan and player Ylliarius in the official Star Wars MMO and Bioware forums Lore team member Charles Boyd tries to give an answer to the committed community, even if he himself points out that he is by no means a history professional. Because Star Wars, he emphasizes at the beginning of his answer to the question that moves the players, is rarely accurate in terms of times and the topic of time flow. "In many cases, stories don't go at all in time," said Charles Boyd, "and even if they do, the whole thing is still very vague." For this reason, time lines would often only be determined retrospectively using reference material.
Basically, the battle for Ilum and the end of the third chapter of the class stories in SWTOR (buy now) placed on the year 12 ATC / 3641 BBY, whereas the SWTOR encyclopedia places the beginning of the third class chapter on the year 13 ATC / 3640 BBY. Incidentally, ATC is the abbreviation for "after treaty of Coruscant", ie years after the Coruscant contract. BBY is short for "before Battle of Yavin", years before the Battle of Yavin. Boyd started from the information in the encyclopedia and thus forms the following timeline – for all SWTOR fans out there:
- 13 ATC / 3640 BBY: Battle of Ilum, end of class storylines
- 14 ATC / 3639 BBY: Everything released in 2012, such as Terror from Beyond and Section X
- 15 ATC / 3638 BBY: Rise of the Hutt Cartel takes place in spring, Oricon rather in the second half of the year
- 16 ATC / 3637 BBY: The invasion of Korriban or Tython takes place in the first half of the year, Shadow of Revan towards the end of the year
- 17 ATC / 3636 BBY: First happens Ziost, a few months later the first chapter of Knights of the Fallen Empire (KotFE)
- The carbonite sleep lasts from Mid to late 17 ATC / 3636 BBY until late 22 ATC / 3631 BBY
- 23 ATC / 3630 BBY: Chapter 9 of KotFE takes place at the beginning of the year and the content of KotFE and Knights of the Eternal Throne (KotET) at the end of the year
- 24 ATC / 3629 BBY: The battle of Iokath takes place in the first half of the year, and Umbara and Copero only in the second half of the year
- 25 ATC / 3628 BBY: The Nathema conspiracy is resolved earlier this year, while the attack on Ossus and the subsequent start of the new war between the Republic and the Sith empire take place later in the year.
- 26 ATC / 3627 BBY: Hearts and Minds plays early this year, while Onslaught takes place in the second half of the year
- 27 ATC / 3626 BBY: Task at Hand events take place at the beginning of the year.
Boyd emphasizes that it will take a while for the story to continue for your SWTOR heroes, but this content will play a few weeks after the Task of Hand. The quite interesting and sometimes also amusing discussion about the You can find the SWTOR timeline in the MMO forums. Also flips a few pages, Boyd tried to give answers to other questions, such as having a separate calendar for the Sith.
Supports buffed – it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers receive news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games from us free of charge. So far we have financed this page through advertising and kept it as free as possible from paid items, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies will cut or cut their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets, which we unfortunately depend on if we want to continue offering buffed in the usual way free of charge in the future.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as a buffed supporter so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual way for free without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too
MMO-Veterans over Wow-Killer and other problems of the genre
SWTOR: Your own series? Why not! – says Dave Wilson
SWTOR: Patch 6.1 – build your own villa on Alderaan
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free-of-charge website with this income. There are no costs for the user.