After the gong was struck in front of Ahn'Qiraj for the first time, a unique world event starts on the respective WoW Classic server and only lasts for ten hours. In this report we tell you what you can expect in this time.
As of today, August 5th, the first German servers from WoW Classic will also be the Requirements for opening Ahn'Qiraj have hit the gong in Silithus and kick off a unique world event that will be over after ten hours. In the following we tell you what you can expect in the "10 hour war".
The official description of Blizzard's event reads as follows:
"If the gong was struck on a realm, a ten-hour war begins as a harbinger of the approaching Anubisath and Qiraji warriors. Low-level players can plunge into wasteland and a thousand needles, higher-level players in Silithus, Tanaris and Feralas. If you pushing back the invaders, wave gold, experience and reputation with the Brut Nozdormus faction, as well as an increased chance of rare prey. "
In a later post, the developers revealed further details:
- Once the gong is struck on a server, it takes ten hours on that server for the Ahn'Qiraj raids to open their gates. Within these ten hours, other players can complete the quest line up to the gong strike to sign up for the Black Qiraji resonance crystal to qualify.
- Only the first player to strike the gong is celebrated across the silithus zone.
", Champion of the Bronze Dragonflight has rung the Scarab Gong. The ancient gates of Ahn'Qiraj open, revealing the horrors of a forgotten war …
Massive Qiraji resonating crystals break through the earthen crust of Kalimdor. Colossal creatures made of obsidian stone breach the freshly broken land …
Colossus of Zora casts its massive shadow upon the whole of Silithus.
Colossus of Ashi breaks free of its cocoon beneath Hive'Ashi.
Colossus of Regal hears the call to battle and rises to serve its master.
General Rajaxx yells: Soon you will know the price of your meddling, mortals … The master is nearly whole … And when he rises, your world will cease. "
- For servers with several layers, the "10 hour phase" applies equally to all layers.
- The epic weapon rewards from the questline can also be earned after the "10 hour phase" and the opening of the Ahn'Qiraj raids.
- During the "10 hour phase" special opponents will not only appear in Silithus, but also in Tanaris, Feralas, Thousand Needles, the Dark Coast and the Barrens and Un'Goro Crater. Blizzard therefore recommends that players spread out across the zones so that Silithus remains playable.
- Thanks to the PTR tests, the developers have found out from which number of players in a zone there are no longer just slight delays, but it becomes unplayable. As soon as this number of players in a zone is reached, players are automatically removed from this zone. First, players below level 60 are removed. Alliance heroes then land in Westfall, Horde players in the wasteland. Level 60 characters it should land in Un'goro Crater, Tanaris, Thousand Needles, or Barrens.
- Once Silithus has reached the maximum population, new level 60 characters cannot enter the area until another player leaves the zone.
- Players with the Sandstorm Scepter are never removed from Silithus in this manner.
Time-limited enemies and quests
When the gong is struck, crystal formations appear in the zones just mentioned, in the vicinity of which then silithids spawn. ATTENTION: The crystals can mind control nearby players for some time! The level of the opponents depends on the zone. The most dangerous silithids with the best loot (they can drop green and blue objects) can be found in Silithus.
Opponents on the dark coast
Opponents in the Barrens
Opponents in a thousand needles
Opponents in Feralas
Opponents in Tanaris
Opponents in the Un'Goro crater
Opponents in silithus
In Cenarius Castle, you can take on the following quests during the ten-hour event:
All readers get daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts from us about World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this page through advertising and kept it as free as possible from paid items, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies will cut or cut their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets, which we unfortunately rely on if we want to continue offering buffed in the usual way free of charge in the future.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as a buffed supporter so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual way for free without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too PC
Small World of Warcraft: Now also available for pre-order on Amazon
WoW Classic: Gong strike here, drama there – the hottest day in Azeroth
WoW: price of the WoW brand drops by over 30,000 gold (briefly sold out)
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free-of-charge website with this income. There are no costs for the user.