Some WoW Classic players had found that Q. Pido was still on some servers long after the "Love is in the Air" event ended, accompanying the popularity contest winner and distributing his health buff. Blizzard has now commented on this in an extensive post.
Your WoW Classic server may also be affected: Some players had reported (about here) that Q. Pido is still on her realm long after the end of the "Love is in the Air" events, accompanied the winning faction leader of the popularity contest and gave everyone a health buff (+ 200 health for an hour) that gave the flying goblin a kiss.
A few hours ago, Community Manager Kaivax in the official forum with a surprisingly extensive post on this phenomenon. Here are the key findings:
- First, an investigation showed that this behavior could also be mapped by Q. Pido on the reference server, which is the basis for WoW (buy now for 14.99 €) Classic acts. According to this data, Q. Pido was originally designed in such a way that it accompanies the winner of the competition all year round until the next love event starts.
- At the same time, discussions in the team (including with the designer of the original event) and research on the Internet revealed that Q. Pido should actually disappear one week after the event had ended (and should have done so on many vanilla servers at the time) .
- Another investigation showed that this restriction actually existed. However, this was removed by a bug from 2006 on some realms. Q. Pido is said to have been removed manually from game masters on some affected servers.
- The developers have therefore decided to apply the corresponding hotfixes with Classic Patch 1.13.5 in order to remove the Q. Pido bug.
- At the upcoming "Love is in the Air" event, Q. Pido will accompany the winning faction leader of the popularity contest until the next ID change after the event has ended and then disappear.
It's a shame that Blizzard doesn't take a detailed position on other construction sites, or what do you think?
Supports buffed – it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers receive news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games from us free of charge. So far we have financed this page through advertising and kept it as free as possible from paid items, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies will cut or cut their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets, which we unfortunately depend on if we want to continue offering buffed in the usual way free of charge in the future.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as a buffed supporter so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual way for free without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too PC
Wow: Warlock spells cost less mana – hotfix
WoW Classic: German patch notes for combat log hotfix from June 23
WoW Classic: Guild rocks business in 20 minutes – was everything right?
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free-of-charge website with this income. There are no costs for the user.