The WoW developers have announced a revision of Torghast as part of BlizzConline 2021. Dataminers were now able to discover the first indications of how the new Torghast could work in the PTR build of Patch 9.1. We summarize the details.
When the jailer in WoW-Patch 9.1 If the next part of his sinister plan is put into practice, not only does the Maw change, but also Torghast, the tower of the jailer. The eye of the jailer, Tarragrue, and the death counter will then disappear, so that players no longer have to fear an early end of a run in the future. Instead, the developers want to introduce a kind of points system that takes into account the number of deaths and the speed of a run.
Reward system based on points after a run
Game Director Ion Hazzikostas explained the new concept for Torghast with Patch 9.1 so that in the future players should no longer leave a Torghast hallway empty-handed if they do not fully complete a run. How exactly the rewards will be clocked based on the duration of the run and the number of deaths has so far been unclear.
Now the Wowhead Dataminers have found some spells in the files of the PTR build of Patch 9.1 that provide clues about the scoring system. The following spells are currently available on the test server:
- Elite Slayer: Elite opponents grant ten percent additional points.
- Elite Slayer: Elite opponents grant 20 percent additional points.
- Elite Slayer: Elite opponents grant 30 percent additional points.
- Moratorium: If the multiplier timer is under five seconds, a score orb will appear nearby. Picking up the orb resets the timer and grants 50 points. This effect can only occur every three minutes and only when no multiplier is active.
- Scorching Blister
- Score Hero: Killing an enemy has a low probability of increasing your points by 100 percent for 30 seconds.
- Score Streak: [Punkte in Abfolge zu erhalten gewährt einen Multiplikator von bis zu zwei Stapeln.]
- Score Streak: [Punkte in Abfolge zu erhalten gewährt einen Multiplikator von bis zu vier Stapeln.]
- Score Streak: [Punkte in Abfolge zu erhalten gewährt einen Multiplikator von bis zu sechs Stapeln.]
- Score Streak: [Punkte in Abfolge zu erhalten gewährt einen Multiplikator von bis zu acht Stapeln.]
- Score Streak: [Punkte in Abfolge zu erhalten gewährt einen Multiplikator von bis zu zehn Stapeln.]
- Score Streak Mastery: Each score streak level grants you an additional two percent damage, healing and movement speed.
We do not yet know exactly how the score in each run correlates with the rewards for a run, because the developers have currently deactivated the feature on the PTR. As soon as there is more news about it, we will inform you as soon as possible.
The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not advertisements as we are independent in researching and selecting the products presented. We receive a small commission for product sales, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website.