Blizzard has made several changes to the warlock's abilities with the latest Alpha build for WoW Shadowlands. We summarize for you what you need to know about the adjustments.
The latest WoW: Shadowlands alpha build is once again tackling Blizzard's online roleplaying classes and changing skills based on community feedback. Currently, developers' efforts are focused on four classes:
While we have summarized the adjustments to the first three classes in the linked separate article, we will focus here on the warlock.
The Warlock in WoW: Shadowlands – Alpha Build from June 2020
Blizzard is currently focusing primarily on adjustments to the Affliction Warlock, bringing back a popular skill for demonology specialization:
- The Azerite Bonus Inevitable death becomes a new talent in Shadowlands that reduces the cooldown of Summon Dark Look decreased.
- Howl of terror comes back as a talent.
- Shadow wrapping becomes the basic ability.
- Unstable ailments is not limited to a DoT.
- damnation only works with the demonology specialization.
- Curse of exhaustion comes back and slows the target's movement speed by 50 percent for eight seconds.
- Fel Domination's basic ability for level 34 reduces pet summoning duration from six to 5.5 seconds with a three-minute cooldown.
- The Destruction specialization has not yet been affected by changes. It remains to be seen whether anything will come – but we assume that Blizzard will also take on the destruction warlocks.
In a blue post, the developers announced the following adjustments to the warlock:
In this build of the Shadowlands Alpha, we've made some changes to Affliction Warlocks, based on your feedback. We want to address concerns with pet summoning, damnation, and Affliction's single target rotation, among other things.
Thank you for all your posts!
- Fel Domination is now a baseline ability, learned at level 34, with a 3 minute cooldown. Fel Domination reduces summoning cast time by 5.5 seconds. Summoning your pet shouldn't be always easy, but sometimes you need a new pet in a pinch.
- Curse of damnation removed for Affliction and Destruction.
- Curse of Exhaustion is learned at level 58 for all three specializations.
- Curse of exhaustion slows the target by 50% for 8 seconds. Developers' notes: We love damnation, but it wasn't working out well at a 60-second period. Also, we feel that Curse of Exhaustion will provide interesting choices when deciding which Curse to use.
- Shadow wrapping is now baseline as a part of Shadow flash (Rank 2), learned at level 52 for Affliction. Developers' notes: Shadow flash for Affliction was falling by the wayside in the rotation. This should encourage Warlocks to use it more often, and provide more gameplay while fighting a single target.
- Unstable ailments no longer has a limit of 1, and no longer amplifies damage on your target.
- Unstable ailments's damage backlash on dispel increased substantially.
- At level 56, Unstable ailments is ranked up to gain an additional 5 seconds of duration. Developers' notes: This is a more of an experimental change than the rest, but we feel that (Zauber # 316099) is not meeting player expectations at a limit of 1. This change allows Affliction to focus more on spreading dots to many targets at once.
- corruption now ranks up at level 54 to gain an initial period, dealing .12 coefficient damage instantly.
- Hell agony now also causes Agony to start at 4 stacks, in addition to increasing its maximum stacks to 18.
- New Talent: Inevitable Demise. Damaging an enemy with agony increases the damage of your next Bloodsucker by 5%. This effect stacks up to 50 times.
- nightfall now activates slightly more often as corruption spreads to more targets. Developers' notes: Previously, Nightfall was not occurring more often as you spread Corruption to multiple targets. This felt counter-intuitive, so we added functionality to increase its rate with multiple corruptions. Similar to Agony, its increase is not linear, but you will see more Nightfalls multi-target.
- Death bolt is now a PvP talent. Developers' notes: With Unstable Affliction stacking gone, the instant burst single target damage from this felt more appropriate as a PvP talent, to act as a finisher.
- Tongue Tied Removed. Replaced with-Howl of terror: Fears 5 targets within 10 yards for 20 seconds. Has a 1.5 second cast time and 40 second cooldown.
- New talent: Dark Caller (in place of Shadow wrapping). Summon Reduces the cooldown of Dunkelblick by 1 minute. Developers' notes: This talent should allow Warlocks to specialize further into keeping lots of dots on many targets at once, and give them more room to use Malefic Rapture in that window.
- Break soul removes all active corruptions, dealing 10% of their maximum HP and grants 10% Haste, stacking 5 times. Lasts 15 seconds, and is magic dispellable. Developers' notes: This talent was very under-utilized due to the heavy cost of removing all dots, so it now removes Corruption instead, and no longer generates soul shards.
- Death bolt now deals 60% damage equal to remaining duration of your dots, has a 0.5 second cast time, and a 45 second cooldown. Death Bolt missile is slower and more apparent.
- Amplify Curse now affects Curse of exhaustion, causing it to slow the target by 70%.
- Curse of doom reverted to damnation, with damage increased. "
We want to know from the warlocks among you: what do you think of the changes? Do you welcome the return of Curse of Exhaustion? Do you want more old skills back? Or do you not like the previous adjustments? Let us know and let us know what you think in the comments below!
Supports buffed – it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers receive news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games from us free of charge. So far we have financed this page through advertising and kept it as free as possible from paid items, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies will cut or cut their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets on which we unfortunately depend if we want to continue offering buffed in the usual way free of charge in the future.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as a buffed supporter so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual way for free without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too PC
Wow: Chinese guild skips N'Zoth's Mythic phase
Wow: These bosses are waiting for you in Nathria in Shadowlands
Wow: Top Guild Method buys WeakAura website Wago.io.