Blizzard has made various other large and small adjustments to the WoW classes as part of the Shadowlands Beta. Priests can look forward to an adaptation of the mastery, paladins get new talents – and some other classes can count on fine-tuning.
And the Wheel of class changes keeps turning: Blizzard will implement various adjustments to the individual classes for WoW: Shadowlands with the next beta build. Shadow priests and retribution paladins can look forward to interesting changes, but there are also a number of new features for death knights, druids, hunters and discipline or holy priests. We summarize the details for you.
Class changes to the priest
The shadow priest gets a comprehensive overhaul of the mastery, while the holy and discipline priests receive a few minor adjustments to healing and protective abilities:
- Blizzard changed the championship to encourage players to stack DoTs on targets for maximum damage. The damage dealt increases for every DoT that affects the target.
- When in Void Form, you are fully enjoying the benefits of Mastery by dealing full damage to all targets as if all of your DoTs were active on them (whether or not they actually are). This new championship is called "Shadow Weaving" based on an old talent for shadow priests.
- You cause x percent increased damage for each DoT (shadow word: Pain, Vampire Touch and Devouring Plague) that affects your target.
- apotheosis resets the cooldown of all blessing words.
- indulgence belongs to the level 50 talents again.
- Mind shell becomes a level 50 talent, replacing Glowing Barrier. The ability is intended to go along with apology and provide an alternative way to give your group an absorption shield.
- euphoria now works immediately Power word: shield towards the goal. It works the shield on yourself if you have not aimed at a target.
Class changes to the paladin
Paladins receive two new talents and a few minor adjustments:
- new talent Execution Sentence: casts a falling hammer and delayed burst damage (one minute cooldown)
- new talent Final Reckoning: level 50, replaced inquisition
- Ashen Hallow: slight rework for more normal AoE damage and stronger buff for Hammer of Wrath
- Healing Hands: reinforces both Lay on hands as well as Word of Glory; the effect scales with the target's health
Class changes to the death knight
Unholy Death Knight get some adjustments to the rune management:
- Scourge Strike Now gives preference to Festering Wound targets while in Death and Decay
- Apocalypse gets a new rank upgrade at level 58, generating two runes.
- Unholy contamination infects enemies it meets with Virulent plague.
- Unholy shock is now called Unholy Onslaught, no longer costs runes and the speed has been increased to 20 percent again.
- Soul Harvester gets a cooldown reduced to six seconds (previously eight seconds).
Class changes to the druid
The latest beta build includes a few minor adjustments for Balance druids:
- Shooting stars returns to the basic skills of specialization. A new passive talent replaces shooting stars in the talent tree.
- Star suction now interacts differently with the darkness-Mechanic: Star suction now increases the darkness bonus instead of increasing its duration (darkness lasts 15 seconds). Players should therefore have to worry less about keeping the darkness running. The adjustment is also supposed to fix a couple of balancing problems when the eclipse doesn't scale linearly with the tempo. Thereby the combination of star suction and darkness works together with Heavenly alignment.
- Soul of the forest adds a new effect to Darkness rather than just increasing their numbers.
- Shooting stars works more often than before in the beta.
- The developers fixed a bug that caused the duration of Moonfire and Sun fire twice as long as a level-up upgrade. The duration should remain as long as in Battle for Azeroth.
- The developers have increased the damage done by DoTs by ten percent.
Class changes to the hunter
Blizzard has announced a few minor hotfixes for survival and animal domination hunters:
- A faulty, additional modifier for 50 percent additional focus regeneration is out of the game. Survival hunters should generate 5.0 focus per second (excluding the speed bonus).
- A bug caused cleaning to be removed from the pet skills list. An upcoming hotfix should fix the problem.
- That player Arcane shot more than Cobra shot use is not intended. The developers want to adjust the numbers of skills accordingly in an upcoming beta build.
We now want to know from you: What do you think of these adjustments? Write us your opinion in the comments!
All readers receive daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid items as possible, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or cutting their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we are unfortunately dependent on if we want to offer buffed free of charge in the usual form in the future.
For this reason we turn to you now. As a buffed supporter, you can support us so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual form for free, without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too Pc
Wow: Betakeys for Shadowlands! Big raffle!
WoW Shadowlands: The release is on October 27, 2020
WoW Classic: Opening of Ahn'Qiraj – Blizzard internal insights
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.