Most of the new game systems that will land on WoW: Shadowlands on the World of Warcraft live servers are based on the four packages of the Shadow Lands. In a preview of the official website of World of Warcraft the developers of Blizzard recently presented the Venthyr pact in detail and revealed why it is worth joining. You will find new information about the Pact campaign, the Pact rewards, the Gluthof and the strongest soul gangs.
The Venthyr are aristocratic overseers of souls burdened with excessive pride and sin. They lead troubled souls along the hard path of penance and harvest anima to preserve the strength of their empire.
If you are looking for a mixture of grace and sin, then the aristocratic and elegant Pact of the Venthyr is the right place for you. Every day in their midst brings punishments and rewards – sometimes both at the same time. But among all the splendor and the noble exterior, the seeds of rebellion against Count Denathrius, the ruler of the empire, have already taken root …
If there is secrecy in your blood and intrigue is exactly what you want, then the Venthyr Pact is already waiting to receive you with open arms.
Rewards for standing with the Venthyr
As you complete your tasks and prove yourself to the Venthyr in the course of the pact campaign, your reputation accumulates. As you increase your reputation, you gain access to unique rewards from your pact. You can find more information about watching in our article on the pact systems.
The pact sanctuary: fall of sin
The Venthyr enjoy the beautiful things. Nowhere is their elegance and aristocratic appearance more evident than in the Gluthof, where large galas are held. Receiving an invitation – and being seen on these occasions – is essential for watching a Venthyr. Prince Renathal wants to create a new order – with your help.
Your job is to invite guests, provide refreshments, throw out unwanted guests and generally play the perfect host for the upper class. You will experience the Venthyr in their element and experience the full extent of their sprawling personalities – and if the event is a complete success, you will receive great loot as a reward.
Travel system: blood levels
You can improve various aspects of the sanctum as you strive to bring the fall of sin back to its former glory. One of them is a transport network that makes traveling easier – especially in Revendreth, which is dominated by the Venthyr Pact.
According to their nature, the Venthyr have their own very special way of traveling: blood levels. With the help of a master mirror maker, multiple mirrors can be customized or recreated anywhere in Revendreth to give you shortcuts and make the country more accessible.
On adventures, you can test your tactical skills by sending your allies to the Shadowlands and helping the Venthyr Pact. While this feature is available for all pacts, the allies you can recruit and the missions you send them to are tailored to your pact. You have to get to know the strengths and weaknesses of your adventurers and send them out using the scout card.
Players can unlock additional content in the realm of their pact by directing anima to certain areas of Revendreth. When you fill anima with a place again, the area comes to life again. This gives you access to new quests, makes it easier to find miraculous treasures, or lure powerful enemies out of hiding to defeat them for powerful rewards. Different areas offer access to different content.
- The crypt of the forgotten – Find a unique treasure of your pact.
- Shrinking Tomb – Fight an enemy champion.
- Lord's Gate – Get access to a world quest on your pact.
- Stolzsturzweiler – Get access to daily quests on your pact.
- The Veiled Refuge – Gain access to powerful Venthyr reinforcements.
- Castle – Fight an enemy elite champion.
The Venthyr gang of souls
As soon as you have proven yourself, you unlock the possibility to form a soul bond with one of several selected characters of the pact. These characters then share their special powers with you in the form of a variety of bonuses.
More on this: WoW Shadowlands: Official Blizzard Preview of the Soul Gang
The proud Venthyr you made friends with in Revendreth will have a special connection with you when you join their pact. Below is a description of each character and examples of the powers they give you.
Nadjia Mistblade, the self-proclaimed greatest duelist who ever wielded a blade, loathes stagnation and is constantly longing for new experiences. Wherever there is trouble, Nadjia is guaranteed to be right in the middle. She is ready to use her skills at your command to defend Revendreth … and for her own pleasure.
- 'Agent of Chaos': When you appear, 'Shadow Gate' disorientates all enemies near the target location for several seconds.
- 'Adventurous': You get a stack of Adventurous every few seconds in combat, and multiple stacks when you kill an enemy. When you reach the maximum number of stacks, 'Adventurous' is consumed to give you 'Battle Euphoria', which will moderate all your actions moderately for a few seconds. 'Adventurous' quickly subsides if you are not involved in a fight.
General Draven Revendreth served as commander of the Stone Legion for eons. He is at the forefront of every battlefield, honors to the bitter end, and would never leave a soldier behind.
- 'Persistent gloom': 'Shadow Gate' grants you a shield that absorbs 15% physical damage based on your maximum health. Lasts 8 seconds.
- 'Call to action': When you use your Venthyr class spell or your Venthyr class ability, you and your nearby allies gain versatility for a moderate amount of time.
Theotar, the mad duke knows from personal experience that madness is not an excuse for bad manners. After being banished from the traditional aristocratic circles, he founded his own court of the outcasts to get his money's worth in gossip. No matter whether he works powerful magic through his favorite teapot or animates graves to carry his umbrella for him – Theotar, in his unmistakably eccentric way, commands the incredible power of Revendreth.
- 'Keep an eye on your shoes!': 'Shadow Gate' frees you from slowdown and immobility effects.
- 'Soothing Shadow': Your spells and abilities have a chance to call Tubbins and Gubbins to your side with a parasol for a moderate duration. Staying in its shadow grants you mastery.
Venthyr's signature and class skills
If you join the Venthyr Pact, you will receive two unique skills: a signature ability and a class ability.
Signature skills are available to all members of the pact regardless of class, race and specialization.
- 'Shadow gate': You enter the world of shadows and reappear at the destination.
The class abilities of the pacts are additional gameplay options intended for combat and are thematically tailored to the respective pact.
Death Knight: 'Swarming Mist'
- A thick fog surrounds you and increases your chance to avoid attacks.
- Deals regular shadow damage to enemies within range. Each time the ability deals damage, you gain additional rune power up to a maximum.
Demon Hunter: 'Sinful Branding'
- Marks an enemy with the Venthyr Mark, reducing its melee attack and spell speed, and dealing regular shadow damage.
- If you activate 'Metamorphosis', all nearby enemies will be marked with 'Sinful Branding'.
Druid: 'Insatiable Frenzy'
- For a limited time, your Druid spells increase your damage, healing, and pace by a certain percentage. This effect is stackable.
- If you stay inactive for a certain period of time, the frenzy will overwhelm you. It consumes a percentage of your health per stack, stuns you, and then ends.
- Fires a shot at an enemy that causes it to bleed, dealing regular shadow damage. Every time Flint Shot deals damage, you have a chance to get Flint Shot, which means your next Mortal Shot can be used against any target, regardless of their current health.
Magician: 'Mirror of Torment'
- Summons mirrors that torture an enemy for a while. Whenever the target uses a spell or ability, a mirror is used, inflicting shadow damage to the opponent and reducing their spell speed and movement speed.
- The last mirror instead deals shadow damage to the opponent, immobilizes them, and silences them for a period of time.
Monk: 'Fallen Order'
- Opens a mirror for 24 seconds, summoning reflections of the fallen ox, crane and tiger adepts of your order every second for 6 seconds. The adepts of your specialization fight longer and use additional skills.
Paladin: 'Ash Consecration'
- Dedicates the target area, deals shadow damage, and restores health to allies over time. Within the dedication, you can use Hammer of Wrath on any target.
- The country remains filled with Anima, which deals additional Shadow damage to all enemies. While you are in this area, you will receive the bonuses from 'Consecration'.
Priest: 'Mind Games'
- Attacks an opponent's thoughts, inflicting shadow damage and distorting his perception of reality. For a short time, the opponent's next moderate damage effect heals his target, and the next moderate healing effect deals damage.
- Slaughter the target and cause physical damage. The target's anima mixes with your deadly poison and covers your weapons for the next 5 minutes.
- Butcher's Poison deals periodic shadow damage and robs the target of a percentage of its healing received.
Also grants combo points.
Shaman: 'Chain Harvest'
- Hurls an anime wave at the target that jumps to other nearby targets. Deals shadow damage to enemies and heals allies.
Chain Harvest cooldown is reduced per crit target.
Warlock: 'Looming Disaster'
- Calls for a cloud of chaotic anima that moves to the enemy target and deals shadow damage to enemies in their path. When the anima reaches the target, it explodes, casting either "Curse of Weakness" or "Curse of Languages" on the target, dealing Shadow damage to all nearby enemies.
Warrior: 'Condemn' (replaces 'Execute')
- Sentences an enemy to suffer for their sins and deals shadow damage to them. Can only be used against opponents with over 80% or under 20% health.
- The primary target is weakened, preventing moderate damage that target would do to you.
If your opponent survives, part of the anger spent will be refunded.
The pact campaign (attention: spoiler!)
Even if Count Denathrius is defeated in battle, there is no guarantee that he will not return sometime if he is given enough time. The number of his allies is large and his plans far-reaching. To counteract this, Prince Renathal has devised a plan, through bargaining, deception or theft, to collect the seven medallions that will be given to all members of the Harvest Court. In the right hands, they could be used to take control of Revendreth's soul, regardless of whether Denathrius still rules or not.
Supports buffed – it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts from us about World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this page through advertising and kept it as free as possible from paid items, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies will cut or cut their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets, which we unfortunately rely on if we want to continue offering buffed in the usual way free of charge in the future.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as a buffed supporter so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual way for free without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too TOPPC
Wow: Corruption effects are with Shadowlands-Pre-patch removed
Wow: First pictures and information about forging legendary items
WoW Shadowlands: The current favorites for the packages