The pre-patch for WoW is something special. Not only will it run significantly longer than all previous pre-patches, but it has also removed the extremely influential corruption effects from the game. And last but not least, he also brought the item and level squeezer to Azeroth. Of course, all of this has a significant influence on the play styles of the various classes and specs. If you add the class changes that are also already on the live servers, then all of this shakes up the performance of the classes. Therefore, it is currently more worthwhile than in other pre-patches to take a look at those. For some classes or styles of play, you can even get a glimpse of Shadowlands. Because even if pact skills, legendarys and other skill ranks come into play, this sometimes does not change the particularly strong or missing synergies.
A number of top players and experts have therefore (via wowhead) and took a close look at the classes and the current logs from Ny'alotha. They provide information about why some styles of play are suddenly doing significantly better or worse than before and what that might mean for Shadowlands.
In the case of the tanks, only the DpS distributed was analyzed. The defensive side of the coin could also be highlighted, but due to the complexity that would go beyond the scope set here.
Tanks were clearly mixed up in terms of DpS. The loss of the spoilage effects is particularly noticeable here, as it was responsible for a large part of the DpS. With the pre-patch, however, the balancing got a little off track. But that's not too dramatic as it should level off again with Shadowlands. Because the paladin who is now by far ahead benefits enormously from an Azerite perk that will soon be history.
: Protection Paladin
- With the return of Holy Power for the fueling paladins, the Azerite perk is Enactment of light has been enormously upgraded. Thanks to a strong synergy Protector of the righteous and Vision of perfection you also benefit enormously from yours Wrathful retributionthat lasts even longer thanks to the perk. This together ensures a massive increase in damage at the current time. With the elimination of essence and the Azerite perk, that should come back down in Shadowlands.
Blood death knight
- No Twilight Devastation more! That alone makes the death knight's DpS drop rapidly. Since he was the tank with the most health, this loss hits him the hardest. In return, there were no innovations that would have counteracted this. On the contrary, with the loss of Ossuary the number of fatalities and thus the DpS decreases even further.
In contrast to the tanks and their defense, the healing of the playing styles is much easier to determine. However, these numbers should be used with caution. Because you can only cry as much as damage is suffered. And at the current point in time, the healing classes are at the top who can heal a lot in a short time and thus "steal the healing" from the other healers. With the launch of Shadowlands, things can quickly look very different.
With the healers, too, a lot has happened with the change in the pre-patch. The holy paladin, who is considered the best healer in patch 8.3, slips mercilessly to the last rank, while holy priests in particular can be happy. Some things came from the loss of corruption effects, others from targeted buffs from class abilities. It should be noted, however, that some damage-reducing abilities such as Aura of devotion or Power word: barrier are very strong but do not show up in the cure, which may make these classes a little stronger than they appear on paper.
: Holy priest
: Restoration Shaman
- Blizzard has given some of the most important healing spells of the shaman massive buffs. Spring tide, Chain healing, Wave of healing and Healing rain all got stronger. In return, they cost more mana, but this is of little consequence in the current very short fights. And that too Earth shieldwhich is now a standard ability again, helps with healing.
: Holy Paladin
- With the removal of the corruption effects and the reworking of the talents, a unique synergy is gone, thanks to the Holy Paladins almost the entire fight over theirs Wrathful retribution could keep active. The Glimmer of light -The way of playing has been retained and even strengthened (since you currently benefit from the talent and the Azerite perks) by the mana costs with which the Crusader Strike but it is less effective. Even customizing that Divine purpose now Word of glory instead of Holy shock the way you play doesn't help much. And last but not least, the tanks have gotten stronger, at least in raids, and need less healing, which the Flame of faith devalued.
DpS playing styles in the pre-patch
A lot has happened in the various DpS playing styles. Of course, the loss of the spoilage effects plays just as big a role here as the class adjustments. It should be noted that some classes currently still benefit from the fact that popular Azerite perks have become talents or skills and can now be twice active. For others, the other ranks of skills, which are only unlocked on the way to the maximum level in Shadowlands, have a very large influence on the DpS. Therefore, a lot will happen here with the start of the upcoming expansion. But until then, some classes can look forward to a massive increase in performance.
After what feels like a hundred patches, the deception villain gives the red lantern to the ferocity druid at least briefly. The real loser is the demonology wizard, who slips from the top ten to the penultimate place. On the other hand, unholy death knights, shadow priests and elemental shamans can look forward – they make great leaps forward.
: Unholy Death Knight
- The epidemic thrower owes the huge leap forward mainly to the fact that his mastery no longer only increases shadow damage, but also increases damage to his companions. The change from Unholy contamination, thanks to which the companions become even stronger. And thanks Vision of perfection you can combine your cooldowns more often, which also causes more damage.
: Shadow priest
- With the start of the pre-patch, the amount of Shadowy apparitions that your priest makes appear. That has in connection with Malicious apparitions made sure that the damage exploded. However, the Azerite perk has already been weakened, which should bring the priest closer to the rest of the classes.
: Arcane Mage
- The Arcane Mage will also benefit enormously from an old Azerite perk after the adjustments – the Arkandresche. This, too, has already been weakened, which should not please magicians.
: Elemental Shamans
- Shamans benefit from the buff of Lava eruption. This is supposed to prevent the loss of the Azerite perk Eruptive potential balance, which is currently still available. There is also a minor bug. Because actually should Lava suction be nerfed (from 15 to 10 percent). That hasn't happened yet, what the Lava eruption makes you even stronger.
: Frost Mage
: Havoc demon hunter
- The glaive oscillators have scaled well with the values, which are now unfortunately missing, making them extremely weak, especially on individual targets. Thanks to changes in the talents, they now also have to sacrifice area damage to achieve maximum single target damage. With Shadowlands this will get better, however, as they will then get a few more values with a level perk and the pact skills will precisely address and improve the weakness.
: Weapons warrior
: Demonology Warlocks
- The demo witchers also suffer massively from the lack of speed. Especially since the complete style of play is around Summon demonic tyrants which now brings out significantly less magic than before, which significantly reduces the overall damage.
Read these interesting stories too TOPPc
Wow: October 24th hotfixes for Patch 9.x – Patch Notes
Wow: Temple of Hotmogu – Weekly PvP brawl
Wow: Bonus week for Battle for Azeroth world quests from October 28th.
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.