With XCOM: Chimera Squad, 2K and Firaxis have announced a new offshoot of the popular XCOM series for the PC. The tactical game will be released on Steam on April 24, 2020. The story takes place five years after the events of XCOM 2. In the first week after the launch, you can also look forward to a special offer with which you can save 50 percent on the purchase.
Publisher 2K has surprisingly announced a new branch of the XCOM series for the PC. The events of XCOM: Chimera Squad are only 5 years after XCOM 2 and tell a story in which humans, hybrids and aliens are now working together. However, not all inhabitants of the world agree with this new association. With the Chimera Squad, a new elite force, humans, hybrids and aliens are fighting together against the new threats.
And the release is already in the starting blocks. As of April 24, 2020, XCOM: Chimera Squad (buy now for 19.43 €) be available exclusively for the PC. In the first week after launch, the tactics game will also be featured with an introductory offer on Steam. Anyone who strikes by May 1, 2020 will get the new XCOM offshoot for only 9.99 euros. After the offer has expired, EUR 19.99 for XCOM: Chimera Squad will be due on Steam.
In our picture gallery you will find a first wave of screenshots of the new game from Firaxis Games. Below you will also find a list of the features of XCOM: Chimera Squad.
XCOM: Chimera Squad – features of the game
- Unique foreign and human agents: Each of the 11 agents has their own distinctive personality and tactical skills, including species-specific attacks such as the Viper's tongue grip.
- Specialized and complementary classes: Perform devastating combos by bringing the right agents together and using cooperative actions. The difference between success and failure of a mission can depend entirely on the team composition.
- Rethought tactical fight: The missions are designed as a series of individual, explosive encounters, with action always remaining intense and unpredictable.
- Breach mode: You design the battlefield to your advantage with a new combat phase, in which your squad intervenes directly in the action. You assign agents strategic entry points and coordinate their attack plans with a range of breach-specific skills
- Nested rounds: An automatic initiative system will place individual agents and enemies in an alternate turn order, creating new strategic opportunities depending on which unit is queued and which unit is most at risk.
- Exciting strategy view: Outside of combat, you are leading the operations of a high-tech headquarters in which you have to prioritize competing tasks, investigations, and agent assignments within a time limit, in order to keep City 31 from getting closer to total anarchy before the ever-increasing unrest in the different districts of the city bring in to get the curve
What do you think of the surprise? Are you already longing for a new XCOM? Let us know in the comments!
Read too PCPS4XBO
XCOM 2: Play tactic-strategy mix for free for a short time
PSN sale: 175 new deals online – these are the PS4 offers
Steam Winter Sale 2018 online: thousands of deals and cabins with frills
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free-of-charge website with this income. There are no costs for the user.